Dun & Bradstreet is Proud to Support the Small Business Community
As members of the SBA’s Small Business Technology Coalition, our team knows that business credit can play a critical role in helping aspirational business owners grow their ideas into successful companies. We want to arm you with business knowledge that can help you grow your business and have a range of resources including a Business Credit Guide, a B2B Experts Podcast, a B2B Insights Blog and a growing B2B Expert Community to help you out.
To get started, check out the following presentation designed to help you understand the basics of business credit and how you can build a strong business credit profile.
New Business Checklist
- Secure a D&B D-U-N-S® Number for your business ➡ Free at CompanyUpdate.com
- Establish your business as a separate entity ➡ LegalZoom can help.
- Open a bank account ➡ Use a business bank account for your business activity
- Make on-time payments ➡ Key factor in business credit scores and ratings
- Set up business credit file monitoring ➡ CreditSignal* is a free service offered by Dun & Bradstreet
Funding and Growth Checklist
- Review and update information in your D&B® company profile for free ➡ CompanyUpdate.com
- Separate personal credit from business credit ➡ Background on why to separate
- Build and maintain a strong business credit file ➡ CreditBuilder
- Confirm your business meets credit thresholds for certain supplier programs ➡ Contracting Guide
- Secure applicable small business and/or diversity certifications ➡ Leveraging supplier diversity programs
- Build a relationship with your banker ➡ Explore ways that business are getting funded
SBA Webinars on Business Credit and Funding
Webinar: 5 Steps to Building Business Credit