Dun & Bradstreet Supports Entrepreneurs
National Entrepreneurship Week takes place February 20-24 this year, and Dun & Bradstreet is proud to support the event! We work with entrepreneurs and SMB owners to help them grow and protect their businesses, so we know how hard they work and how much they deserve to be recognized. Small business is the backbone of our economy after all.
Business credit can play a critical role in helping aspirational business owners grow their ideas into successful companies. We want to arm entrepreneurs with information that can help them grow and get what they need for their business. We have a range of resources, including a Business Credit Guide, a B2B Podcast, a B2B Insights Blog and a growing B2B Expert Community to help out.
To better understand how Dun & Bradstreet supports entrepreneurs and business owners, check out the presentation below, which explains the basics of business credit and how you can build a strong business credit profile.
New Business Owner? How to Get Started
New Business Checklist
- Secure a D&B D-U-N-S® Number for your business ➡ Free at CompanyUpdate.com
- Establish your business as a separate entity ➡ LegalZoom can help.
- Open a bank account ➡ Use a business bank account for your business activity
- Make on-time payments ➡ Key factor in business credit scores and ratings
- Set up business credit file monitoring ➡ CreditSignal* is a free service offered by Dun & Bradstreet
Funding and Growth Checklist
- Review and update information in your D&B® company profile for free ➡ CompanyUpdate.com
- Separate personal credit from business credit ➡ Background on why to separate
- Build and maintain a strong business credit file ➡ CreditBuilder
- Confirm your business meets credit thresholds for certain supplier programs ➡ Contracting Guide
- Secure applicable small business and/or diversity certifications ➡ Leveraging supplier diversity programs
- Build a relationship with your banker ➡ Explore ways that business are getting funded