Tips on Selling to Big-Box Retailers
In order to register as a supplier with Kroger, you’ll need the following:
- Basic Company and Contact Information
- Federal Tax ID Number, EIN or last 4 digits of SSN
- D&B D-U-N-S® Number
Kroger’s supplier application has three parts/requirements:
- You must be certified by a third party agency (see more below)
- You must complete registration in the Supplier Management System
- You must meet Kroger’s selection criteria and requirements
Kroger recommends specific third-party certifications:
- For minority-owned businesses, get certified with the NMSDC.
- For women-owned businesses, get certified through the WBENC.
- For gay, lesbian, bisexual or transsexual-owned businesses, get certified with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
- For veteran-owned businesses, get certified with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Kroger will also accept certification from any national, state, or local third party certifying agency.
Photo Credit: dandottaviano, Twenty20