With the New Year, we thought we’d start a regular feature where we highlight some of the important insights we gained within the B2B space in the past week. And while our goal is to provide insights from executives, industry influencers and business journalists each week, we’d be remiss if we didn’t start with some of the biggest B2B news from last week: D&B’s acquisition of Avention and subsequent move into the Sales Acceleration space.
Our team is thrilled to offer a warm welcome to the Avention team, and while there is much celebrating to be done with the news, there are also plenty of insights we found on the web that should help our B2B community stay on top of its game, as well as stretch our minds a bit. Here are some highlights:
- Here’s What This Top Data Scientist at Dreamforce Taught Me About the Emotional Secrets of Data
- Tech Trends 2017
- Precision medicine, business bots and a few unexpected entries (h/t @BobCarrigan)
- The candy diet — “Is it possible we’ve made things simpler than they ought to be, and established non-curiosity as the new standard?”
- A much discussed article with lots of insights into business and politics by Seth Godin (h/t @marshallk)
- Why the Blockchain Still Lacks Mass Understanding
- 5 Ways You Can Embrace Failure to Achieve Success
- The Future of Risk: 10 Trends to Watch
In addition to some great content, we thought we’d share a couple of twitter chats that caught our attention:
- #EveryChildFree. Along with groups from U.S. Department of State & UNICEF, D&B’s Kristen Celecki participated in a twitter chat #EveryChildFree for organizations that want to stop Modern Slavery. (Some background on D&B’s Human Trafficking Solution).
- #SBAChat. The SBA hosts regular twitter chats of importance to the small business community at #SBAChat. Last week’s chat on SMB technology was extremely active with some great insights shared by people and organizations like @LegalZoom, @SmallBizTrends, @Rieva, @TwitterBusiness, @BizBuySell, @SCOREMentors, @dnlongen and so many others.
Be sure to let us know by tweeting a link to @DnBB2B and/or letting us know in the comments!
Featured Image Credit: joelgonewild, Twenty20