Only a month and a half into the new year, 2016 is proving to be another exciting year for events and resources for veteran entrepreneurs. Dun & Bradstreet is happy to compile a few of these resources to make it a little easier to for veteran business owners to plan their year.
Upcoming Dun & Bradstreet Event
Veteran Resource Expo & Access to Capital – March 23, 2016, Springfield VA. Dun & Bradstreet is partnered with the Veterans Success Resource Group (VSRG) to offer lender matchmaking sessions, a Q&A discussion with a panel of financing experts and a special presentation on the basics of business credit. The expert panel will cover topics around traditional and alternative funding, which type of funding may be best for your business, how to acquire different types of funding and more. Veteran entrepreneurs will also have the opportunity to match with companies looking for diverse suppliers and find government contracting opportunities. Register here.
Dun & Bradstreet is excited to deliver these events and podcasts to veterans. Below is a list of additional events. If we missed any events that you are aware of, please feel free to add them in the comments section.
Other Events and Opportunities
- Events in Ohio
- Events in Michigan
- Events in Indiana
- Events focused on women veterans around the country
- National Veterans Small Business Engagement
- Events offered by Veteran Business Network:
- The 13th Annual National Convention of Service Disabled Veteran and Small Businesses
- Events offered by the National Veteran Business Development Council
- Events offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs’ Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization around the country
- Top Legal Issues For Veterans – February, 2016, online. The panel will discussed pertinent topics like recent legal updates for veteran-owned businesses and legal resources for veteran business owners.
- 2016 Opportunities for Veteran Entrepreneurs – November, 2015, online. This podcast covers an array of useful information, such as some of the characteristics and approaches used by veteran entrepreneurs who have successfully leveraged their status to start and grow a business, as well as a wealth of resources, like grant programs available to veteran entrepreneurs.
- Leveraging Veteran-Owned Status Within Corporate & Government Supplier Programs – August, 2014, online. Vets GSA’s Owner and Managing Principle, Captain Scott Davidson, presented a webinar through SupplierEdge® about how veteran business owners can position themselves to win government contracts. This webinar can help you learn the differences between a Veteran Affairs (VA) contract versus a self-certifying program through System of Award Management, and which will be more beneficial for specific businesses.
- Mastering The GSA Schedule – November, 2014, online. A webinar with CPT Scott Davidson USA .RET who has more than 14 years of professional consulting and contracts management experience supporting Federal Government Contractors. Scott is the Owner and Managing Principal of Vets GSA LLC a growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that is focused on GSA Schedule Consulting, Federal Business Development Strategy and Federal Contract Compliance Support and to Small and Large Businesses. For this presentation, Scott discussed how to master the GSA Schedule, a type of buy that is administered by the General Services Administration, and covers a wide range of goods and services that can be procured by Government Agencies.
Photo credit: Gabriel Chmielewski/Mays Communications, Flickr