What better way to spend Veterans Day than by helping veteran entrepreneurs and business owners? Dun & Bradstreet spent this year’s Veterans Day hosting an online panel, with members from the Small Business Administration and successful veteran entrepreneurs. The panel sought to help veteran business owners find training and resources, information on contracts and loans and much more.
The hour-long panel discussion highlighted several resources for veteran entrepreneurs and answered many of the attendees personal business questions.
The panel included:
- Barb Carson – SBA Acting Associate Administrator for the Office of Veterans Business Development
- Craig Heilman – Director of Veterans Programs in the SBA
- Mike Phipps – Chairman of the SBA’s Veteran Small Business Affairs Advisory Committee
- Justin Constantine – Wounded Warrior, Inspirational Speaker, Veteran Advocate
- Scott Davidson – CEO of Vets GSA, Co-Founder of Veteran Success Resource Group
Lots of great questions were answered by the panel, including:
- What are some of the characteristics and approaches used by veteran entrepreneurs who have successfully leveraged their status to start & grow a business?
- Are there grant programs available to veteran entrepreneurs?
- What is the best way for a veteran entrepreneur to pursue government contracts?
- If you were coming out of the military today and wanted to start your own business, where would you start?
View the resources mentioned by the panel by visiting the D&B SupplierEdge Community on LinkedIn.
Download a podcast of the panel if you weren’t able to attend the live event!
Or listen to the recording on SoundCloud below:
Additional Resources for Veteran Entrepreneurs
Training and Resources:
- Syracuse University: Institute for Veterans and Military Families
- Oklahoma State University: National Veterans Entrepreneurship Program
- George Washington University: Veteran Entrepreneurship Project
- University of Tennessee: Veterans Entrepreneurship Program
- University of North Florida: Military and Veterans Resource Center
- St. Petersburg College: Veteran/Military Entrepreneurial Certificate
- University of Connecticut: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Cornell University: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV)
- UCLA: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV)
- NYU: Veteran Entrepreneur Training (VET) Program
- University of Illinois- Chicago: Veterans2Ventures program
- Texas A&M: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Louisiana State University: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Xavier University: Veterans Entrepreneurship Program
- Purdue University: Purdue Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV)
- Pace University: Veterans Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
- University of Texas – Pan American: Veteran Business Outreach Program
- St. Joseph’s University: Veterans Entrepreneurial Jumpstart Program
- Rider University: Veteran Entrepreneurship Training Program
- University of Louisville: VETSTART – Entrepreneurship program for Veterans
- Florida State University: Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans’ Families
- University of Washington: Veterans Incubator for Better Entrepreneurship
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: Veterans Launching Ventures Program
- California Lutheran University: Veteran Resources
- Stanford University: Stanford Ignite – Post 9/11 Veterans
- University of Central Florida: FastTrac NewVenture Business Incubation Program
- Start Some Good: Veterans Entrepreneurship Program
Access to Capital:
- Street Shares
- Hivers and Strivers
- The Startup Factory
- Veterans Business Fund
- Veterans Capital Corp
- Veterans Entrepreneurial Trust
- TCP Venture Capital
- D&B Access to Capital