Female business owners in Boise, ID don’t want to miss the free ChallengeHER: Opportunities for Women in Federal Contracting event organized by the Small Business Administration (SBA), Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP), and American Express OPEN (OPEN).
On Wednesday, Apr. 23, 2014 from 8:00am – 12:00pm, women business owners have the unique opportunity to:
- Participate in Federal Contracting 101 and WOSB Program workshops;
- Get contracting advice and learn about resources in Boise, ID;
- Receive updates on current Procurement Policy and the Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) Program;
- Hear insightful real-life success stories from women business owners;
- Network with peer mentors and other WOSB and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business firms working in your field.
The ChallengeHER Movement is an initiative to “promote the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contract program and bring more women-owned firms into the federal government’s supply chain,” said Marie Johns, Former SBA Deputy Administrator.
This campaign will help women business owners understand and navigate the variety of procurement opportunities available from the federal government.
If you’re a women business owner, you don’t want to miss this event! This is a great way for you to network and learn more about the different ways business owners can get access to the hundreds of billions of dollars the government spends on private contracts each year.
For more information about the ChallengeHER Idaho event, click HERE.
Interested in learning more?
Here are some additional articles you might find helpful:
- Take Advantage of Diversity Programs to Build Your Business
- Leveraging The Supply Program Coordinator Relationship
- Government Contracting and Certification – What’s It All Really Mean?
Photo Credit: Deb Nystrom, Flickr