Are you ready to break your retail business out of the box this holiday season?
Our entire team is thrilled to be supporting Small Business Saturday with American Express once again. Although this year, we decided to mix it up a bit and run 5 short podcasts (5 minutes or so) with 5 business experts. Through this series of five interviews, you’ll hear some great tips that can make a difference for your business THIS holiday season!
The business experts who have joined us are:
- Carol Roth (@caroljsroth)
- Shashi Bellamkonda (@ShashiB)
- Barry Moltz (@BarryMoltz)
- Rieva Lesonsky (@rieva)
- Mari Smith (@MariSmith)
Each expert will be talking about a different theme designed to help you understand how to squeeze more value out of this holiday season!
Without further ado, the first business expert to join us in this series is Carol Roth — best-selling author and on-air CNBC contributor. She joined us first to share her Top 5 Tips to Make the Most of the Retail Season.
Highlights from Carol’s Interview
Carol had five great ideas for generating business the holiday season. Here are three ideas, but you’ll have to listen to the podcast to get all five!
- Two gifts are better than one: “So many people take the opportunity to send their clients and customers a gift for the holiday season, but forget that it’s an opportunity to spread the cheer to somebody else.” This makes sense, right? Word-of-mouth is the most powerful marketing you have – use it!
- A season for playing: “You can have all kinds of holiday-themed contests to drive awareness of your business, to help you generate some loyalty and, of course, at the end of the day gain more business.” Let your creative side out. The holidays are the perfect time to be funny and playful.
- The mall Santa strategy: “What can you put in your place of business, or what can you offer from a products or services standpoint, to draw people in during the holidays?” Santa Claus attracts children. They may not be the ones doing the buying, but they’re always followed by their pocketbooks, err, parents. It’s a brilliant strategy.
Take a little over five minutes to listen to the other advice Carol offers. Her observations and suggestions are awesome, and may help you get a needed bump in sales this holiday season.
For more great advice from Carol you can follow her on Twitter @caroljsroth
Found this interview helpful? Make sure to return to our blog as we’ll be posting more interviews with business experts over the next week leading up to Small Business Saturday!
Also, what do you think of Carol’s advice? Do you have anything to add? Let us know in the comments!
[CC image attributed to Liz West and Wikipedia]