Education statistics in this country are astounding—and I don’t mean for the better. On virtually every metric, education is a leading indicator of progress and yet we’re ranked behind countries such as Estonia, Hungary and Liechtenstein in math. If you’re not shocked, you’re not paying attention because we don’t even make the top 10 in terms of the percentage of people that holds a college degree.
It is my belief that there is no issue in this country more pressing than education, and this is why I’m so passionate about what we’re doing as a company to make a difference for our employees, their children, and the communities in which we work.
Today, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. is pioneering what I hope will be the future of college savings plans offered by businesses. I am very proud that we are the first company ever to launch an education initiative like this one: a truly innovative education program designed to close the talent gap and turn our attention to the children who are going to be this country’s—and even the world’s—future employees, entrepreneurs, and leaders.
- Savings Program. We are helping all employees set up college savings programs for themselves, their children and grandchildren, and/or friends
- Employer Match to Employees. We are providing a matching donation to each employee who contributes to the plan up to the maximum stated in the plan documents (the Match). Because the government currently does not allow these matches to be tax deductible, we will help to offset some of that tax by adding additional funds beyond the Match
- Employer Donation to Local Schools. Based on the Match the company makes to employees in each office, we are creating an additional match that will be donated annually to the local school system where Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. offices reside
But this education initiative doesn’t end with EdAhead—we are also going to be offering scholarships to our employees to further their own educations.
My vision is that people in other companies are inspired by this game-changing program – thinking of their kids, other family members, or themselves – and request the same forward-thinking initiative from their leaders. We hope that more companies will join us in taking a stand.
Help Us Expand this Program!
Want to get your employer interested in offering an EdAhead program? We want to help! Sign up and we’ll send you information on how you can bring this program to your company!
You can also help by spreading the word to your community. Here’s some ideas:
- Like our brand-new Facebook page and share some of the links: https://www.facebook.com/EdAhead
- Follow our brand new twitter account and help retweet some of the highlights: https://twitter.com/edaheadorg
And finally, here’s a fun video we created from a recent board meeting! Help us spread the word by liking and sharing this video: