One of my favorite parts of my work as heading up our social media and events team is talking with small business owners across the country. Yesterday, I not only got to talk with some incredible business owners at TechConKona, but got to do it on the Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii! Such a beautiful part of our country!
At the conference, I was fortunate to give two talks, one of how small business owners can optimize their use of social media as well as a quick talk on 10 must-have business apps. I promised the audience I’d share this list of apps (with links) here on our blog. So, without further ado, here are my top 10 favorite business apps:
- Evernote. Save/retrieve digital documents. Scan/search image text. iOS, Android
- CardMunch. Accurately scan business cards. Connects to LinkedIn profiles. iOS
- Genius Scan. Send signed documents as PDFs. iOS, Android
- Instagram. Photo-sharing social network. iOS, Android
- Snapseed. Powerful photo editing. iOS,
- Mobile Payments. Accept credit card payments. iOS options: PayWare (VeriFone), Square, GoPayment (Intuit). Android options: PayWare, Square
- Madmimi. Build up your email database. iOS
- Project management. Manage team/assign tasks. Web app: BaseCamp. iOS: Asana
- TripIt. Track flights, hotels, car rentals, etc. iOS, Android
- Twitter. Monitor Important keywords: Name, business, lead gen terms. iOS, Android
Obviously, I cheated a little and added multiples if they were equally great at doing a similar task.
Did I miss your favorite business app?
As a long-time iPhone user, all these apps have iOS versions, but not all of them have Android versions of well. If there’s a great Android equalavent for these apps, let me know and I’d happily update this list!
Also, if you’d like to get even more background on Mobile apps for business, here are just a few of the articles we’ve published on this blog:
- Is There A Better App For Organizing Your Business Cards?
- Monitoring Your Customers’ Reviews
- Apps for Taking Your Business Communications Mobile
- Using Your Phone to do Business on the Go
By the way, the photo at the top of this article is of Paul Hawken, an author who has been hugely influential to me… (He says he’ll start tweeting a lot more going forward!)