Despite the wonders of internet communications, with conferences, meetings, and the need for “face time”, travel is still a regular part of life for many business owners. So this week, we thought we’d take a look at some of our favorite mobile apps that make business travel that much more enjoyable.
You might want to consider these business travel apps:
- If you need to construct an itinerary.
- If you need to find a place to stay within a certain price range.
- If you need to record your mileage. Tweet This
Here are some of our favorite travel apps:
- TripIt (Android & iPhone): This app uses TripIt and their email service to construct an itinerary for your trips. Users can add maps, notes, and recommendations to anything within their itinerary. A Pro version and a Business version are available at extra costs. The Business version allows admins to create plans for anyone on a team, view team travel maps, and see all travel dashboards so you can know who is going where.
- WorldMate (Android & iPhone): WorldMate uses a similar process as TripIt where users can email their plans to the website to build their itinerary. You can also book trains, hotels, planes, and rental cars through the application. Ticketmaster and OpenTable are supported from within the app as well. WorldMate offers reminders and alerts so you don’t forget anything, plus a currency converter and five day forecast for wherever you’ve traveled to. A gold version is available at an extra cost.
- Airbnb (iPhone only): This app includes Airbnb functionality which allows you to find and book spaces to rent through Airbnb. These spaces are available at all price points in 19,000 cities and 190 countries, so it can be helpful when planning a business trip. The app also allows users to access an itinerary with directions to different locations.
- Trip Master (Android only): Trip Master can record mileage based on mapping out different routes. It can also export this mileage to make it easier to get it to the people who need to see it. Previous trips can be copied if you need to use the same path multiple times. A pro version is available that includes automatic backup, creation of favorite trips and the ability to extract addresses from your contacts.
Did we miss your favorite travel app? Let us know!
If you’re looking for more info about business apps, be sure to check out our other blog posts that cover topics like invoicing, communications and mobile transactions.
[CC photo courtesy of Olgierd Pstrykotwórca]